Re Tiya Chauhan
7th July 2015
This inquest arose out of the death of a 22 month old girl who was attending a nursery school. As part of an activity session, cubes of jelly were made available in a sensory tray. Tiya choked on a cube of jelly taken from this tray. The jury considered that the death was contributed to by neglect. Keith Morton QC represented the company operating the nursery, Tim Sharpe represented a senior manager of the company and Charles Curtis acted for the London Borough of Merton.